Vafa Ghaemmaghami, MD FACS
- Medical Degree: University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston TX
- Residency: University of California at Davis, Sacramento CA
- Fellowship: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas TX
Dr. Vafa Ghaemmaghami is board certified in general surgery and surgical critical care. Before being recruited to AWC in 2014, he spent seven years at Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center, where he served as Medical Director of the Trauma/Surgical ICU, Chief of the Section of General Surgery, and Program Director for the Phoenix Integrated Surgical Residency. He is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery at the University of Arizona Phoenix College of Medicine and a fellow in the American College of Surgeons.
- Elective and acute care surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Surgical critical care