Patrick J. O’Neill, PhD, MD, FACS
- Graduate School (PhD, Physiology): Michigan State University, East Lansing
- Medical Education (MD): Medical College of Virginia, Richmond
- Post Graduate Training:
- General Surgery Residency: University of Virginia Medical Center, Charlottesville
- Surgical Critical Care Residency: Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN
- Trauma and Acute Care Surgery Fellowship: Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN
Dr. PJ O’Neill joined Abrazo Medical Group in June 2015 with over 10 years of post-graduate experience. He is Board-Certified in General Surgery and Surgical Critical Care and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
Dr. O’Neill has been in the Phoenix-area for the past 10 years where he served as teaching faculty at Maricopa Medical Center before joining Abrazo West Campus to help found the Level I Trauma Center. He is an Assistant Professor of Surgery at the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and a Clinical Associate Professor of the University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix.
Dr. O’Neill’s special interests include trauma, surgical critical care, and emergency general surgery. His elective surgical practice includes minimally invasive and open general surgical cases. Dr O’Neill and his partners strive to provide a full-service surgical practice to the patients of the west valley.
- Minimally Invasive/ Laparoscopic Surgery
- Alimentary, Biliary, Hernia, Trauma, and Acute Care Surgery
- Surgical Critical Care