Donald Green, MD
- Undergraduate: Carroll College, Helena, MT Aug 87-May 91, B.A.
- Medical School: University of Washington, Seattle, WA Aug 91- May 95, M.D.
- Internship: University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, Jul 95- Jun 96
- Residency: University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, Jul 96- Jun 01
- Fellowship: USC-LA County, Surgical Critical Care Jul 05-Jun 06
USC-LA County, Trauma Assistant Unit Chief Jul 06- Jun 07
Dr. Donald Green is board certified in trauma and general surgery and joined Abrazo Medical Group Trauma and General Surgery in March 2016.
Dr. Green served as a surgeon for 10 years in the U.S. Navy where he was deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan. He then spent six years at the Navy Trauma Training Center at the Los Angeles County Medical Center as a practicing trauma surgeon, taking care of patients and as a trainer preparing doctors, nurses and other staff members to care for wounded soldiers in Iraq an Afghanistan.
Dr. Green received his medical degree at the University of Washington Seattle and completed his residency training at the UA. He completed a fellowship in surgical critical care at the University of Southern California, Los Angles.
He is a member of the American College of Surgeons, Navy Chapter of American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma, Association for Surgical Education, Special Operations Medical Association. He has authored and coauthored about 40 articles I peer-reviewed publications. His research focuses on injury prevention.